[mythtv-users] Mythweb on Gentoo

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 02:36:43 UTC 2006

On 2/19/06, Marcin Czenko <mczenko at home.nl> wrote:
> I have recently updated my Gentoo system and now I cannot
> use the mythweb interface.
>
> When I try to connect using:
>
> http://localhost:8080/mythweb/
>
> I only get list of files and folders in the
> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/ in the browser.
>
> When I try directly:
>  http://localhost:8080/mythweb/mythweb.php
>
> I got a Database Setup Error:
> Before update everything worked just fine - I've never had any problems.
>
> I am not too much familiar with php, but it seems that I must learn it
> to find where the problem is.

Had the same thing yesterday. I upgraded apache2 and the new version
had "-D DEFAULT_VHOST" set in APACHE2_OPTS in /etc/conf.d/apache2. It
also has a new config file location for apache2. So you need to check
the settings in both /etc/apache/httpd.conf and
/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf. In particular make sure
AllowOverride is set to All in the default directory settings
sections.

You should also check any other changes you made to
/etc/apache2/config/apache2.conf are carried over to the new config
files.

Steve

Probably when you updated mod_php it pulled in a new version of
apache2 which has a new config file location and has