[mythtv-users] Odd problem on Mythweb 0.19 as compared to previous versions (ie 0.18-1)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Feb 18 20:55:25 UTC 2006

> I just installed 0.19 and I know mythweb has changed a bit as it now
> requires mod-rewrite etc, and stuff.
>
> So care to expand on your session info? So I can try and fix it :)

mythweb .19 now lets the browser auto-assign the host to the cookie,
which sold solve issues with people using ip's or non-fully qualified
domain names to access their hosts.  Alternatively, if you have htauth
turned on (I *highly* suggest using htdigest or htpasswd to secure your
box), it stores the session info according to the logged-in username.

All session info is stored in the database instead of the file system,
so there should be no permissions issues, either.

Basically, the session stuff should just work in .19.

If it doesn't, check two things for comparisons:

The URL for "What else is on at this time?" and "Back to the program
listing".  Both of these should pass a time= variable with them, and if
you clicked on the first show in the program list, they should be the
same number.  If the "Back to the program listing" time field is blank,
then your session info isn't being saved, and perhaps running "DELETE
FROM mythweb_sessions" will fix things up (it will at least clear out
all session info, in case something got corrupted).

-Chris