[mythtv-users] mythweb 0.19 install on suse 10.0

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:47:10 UTC 2006

just once i'd like an install on linux to be easy :o(

basic setup from rpms: Error 403... There is either no index document or the
directory is read-protected.

adding the following to the end of httpd.conf

<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

gives:
Error 500... The server encountered an internal error and was unable to
complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error
in a CGI script.

Uncommenting   " RewriteBase    /mythweb" in .htaccess doesn't change
anything, authentication is commented out, everything else looks ok
including conf.php.

Only thing I can think of is, after running a php info script, details of
loaded modules for "apache2handler" show mod_env but no mod_rewrite, but I
dunno if that would cause the problems I have, and if it does, it took me so
long to find a copy of a php rpm that had the correct stuff enabled, it's
not really worth it. As far as compiling goes... hah. never again...

Any ideas?

Christopher