[mythtv-users] Separate partition for live TV no longer recommended in .19?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 18 14:55:42 UTC 2006

On 02/18/2006 12:12 AM, Garth Benedict wrote:
> Have had my myth box running for a couple years back.  Then it was
> recommended that the life TV buffer point to a separate 10GB partition
> or so.  With the new live TV stuff is this going to knock my box
> over?  Do most people just have the TV buffer in their normal partition?

There's no longer a separate location for LiveTV.  Instead, LiveTV is
recorded into your recordings directory (RecordFilePrefix), so you can
decide to keep any or all of the shows you watched in LiveTV.  So, you
no longer have a choice--your LiveTV "buffer" is in your "normal"
recordings partition--and you'll probably want to find another use for
your 10GB LiveTV partition.

Mike