[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Sat Feb 18 06:06:32 UTC 2006

> again, it's in people's best interest to follow the netiquette rules.
> There's enough misinformation on this list, but missing out on some
> good info because a person can't be bothered to delete the
> unapplicable parts of an email before they reply is a bit stupid.
>
> Anyway, enough of my time wasted on this thread.  Back to
> developing.... :)
>
> --
> Chris

I haven't yet taken the time to finish reading this thread (I will),
but I want to go ahead and declare this the authoritative answer.

So, what do you think about adding a page to the wiki, and just
emailing people a link to it when they violate the netiquette?  I
personally was unsure (that's why I asked), and I'm sure many others
are (and will be) too.  I remember that what you are requesting was
the standard, but in the past 12 years, I've worked for a lot of
companies where top posting (for quick access to new comments) and
HTML was preferred (code in Courier, discussion in Arial never
Serif/Times).

This is an excellent community; probably the best I've ever dealt
with.  And that's saying a lot now that I've switched to Mac
(post-OSX).  I think that the hearts and minds here have no ill
intent.  (Cecil is a little raspy, but all the ignorants flock t his
distro.  Can you blame him?)  I'm sure that if we actively encourage
netiquette it will stay that way.