[mythtv-users] Various MythWeb nits and gripes---can I fix these somehow?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Feb 18 05:35:56 UTC 2006

    > Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:37:31 -0700
    > From: James Dastrup <jc at dastrup.com>

    > On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 19:01 -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > >     > Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:38:19 -0600
    > >     > From: "Adam Bodnar" <ambodnar at gmail.com>
    > >
    > >     > On 2/17/06, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
    > >     > > And what the outlines/dotted-lines/etc mean (also in scheduled-recordings)
    > >     > > has to be reversed-engineered from the full listing; -that's- an
    > >     > > application where coloring the boxes might make things easier to read,
    > >     > > but only if the boxes aren't already colored by genre, and only if the
    > >     > > colors are arranged in some sensible fashion.  (Given a list of "types
    > >     > > of outlines" I could take a swing at what -I- think is "sensible" and
    > >     > > see if anyone else agrees... :)
    > >
    > >     > When you hover over the title of a show you will get a popup and there
    > >     > is a Notes: section. The text inside this corresponds to the type of
    > >     > outline.
    > >
    > > ...right...  but then you have to do the "reverse-engineering" part,
    > > which is to do that for each different type of outline and try to
    > > commit it to memory.  It seems like a tiny little legend somewhere
    > > you could just flick your eyes to (or some more-intuitive coloring)
    > > would be better.

    Hover over the "MythTV: " text on the left side of the nav bar and a
    category legend magically appears.

But that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about what all the
dashed and dotted lines mean.  There doesn't seem to be a legend for
that; it requires figuring it out by trial and error and then trying
to commit it to memory.  That's what legends are for.