[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Feb 18 01:04:58 UTC 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 05:57:54PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/17/2006 05:49 PM, Andrew Close wrote:
> > On 2/17/06, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
> >> Well, for the record, what is the prefence (on this list) for top post, and
> >> quoting?
> > i think the list preference is to bottom post
>
> or inline post
>
> > with plain text based emails.
>
> Just had to leave something after my point so that this message was
> "inlined."  ;)

/me chuckles.

For the benefit of the 75% or so who don't realize this, let me point
out that *this has been the standard (for very good reasons, almost
none of which are subject to personal taste) for almost 25 years*.

If you are participating in a mailing list which does not *explicitly
request* HTML email, you should do everything in your power to make
sure you are sending a) text emails which are b) quoted *properly*, and
you c) trim down the message you're replying to to a reasonable size.

If you care whether anyone's reading your replies, that is.

If your mail client makes any of these things difficult, replace it;
the 2000 of us reading really don't much care.

:-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?