[mythtv-users] Mythtv -problem

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 00:02:02 UTC 2006

On 17/02/06, alastair horne <althepcman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help.
> I have looked in the database and there is a frequency id for my favourit
> chanel as I know what it is as I discovered using
> ivtv-tune -taustralia -c40 -d/dev/video0
>
> So in the frequencyid I have put 40.
> Is this right or should I put the Mhz?
> Which is: 611.250 MHz

Whilst I think you can use the MHz value, I always use the 'channel
number' i.e. 40 in your case, when configuring my analogue channels.

Make sure the startchannel for the tuner is correctly set (set it to
the channel number you have set up with frequency 40.) Also check the
backend log for any tuning information.

Nick