[mythtv-users] Thanks!

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 23:47:59 UTC 2006

>  Do the UK broadcasters do stupid things like ours ?. Show P&S 4:3 cut
> movies 'pillarboxed' 'cause they can't be bothered getting a WS source
> (presumably they had the P&S 4:3 in their own archives), or the best
> one, showing TV adds that were shot in 16:9, 4:3 letterboxed, then 16:9
> pillarboxed. You get the advert shown with a black border all the way
> around... :-)

Last night my sister and my mom came over to watch the Olympics in HD
on my Myth Theater.  Finally one of them asked me "Why is that border
around that commercial"?  :D  I said, because some people are cheap,
some people are dumb, and some people are both.  I didn't have a good
reason other than that.  I think 4:3 commercials are, IMHO, better on
the eyes than a Cropped 16:9 commercial that has huge black borders
all the way around.  (The 4:3 commercials on my 16:9 TV have black
bars on the sides by default).

;)

Chad, from Utah, in the US.