[mythtv-users] What email client are you using?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:36:27 UTC 2006

On 2/17/06, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> > I've been wondering lately if Isaac should turn on one of thoes quoted
> > to non-quoted ratio and top-post detectors.
>
> I've thought of using something like that in my normal procmail setup.
> The tossup is between ignoring them (especially the quote-ratio ones) or
> reformatting them on the fly.  I thought someone mentioned that Google
> had something to fix the quote-ratio problem on their incoming email,
> but maybe I'm imagining that.  If they do, they should start applying it
> to their outgoing email as well. :)

if you're using GMail (the web client), it does handle previously
quoted material.  it just collapses it in a link (show quoted text)
that you can expand if you want to read it.  it's probably about 75%
effective depending on how the various mailers reformat messages.  it
almost always collapses the mythtv-users mailing list footers. :)