[mythtv-users] MacOS Hardware Acceleration

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:49:56 UTC 2006

Does anyone here have more information, or pointers to more information on
the MacOS X MPEG2 hardware acceleration code recently submitted to the svn?

I am very interested in this, but I have been unable to find any information
beyond the couple mails on the dev mailing list.

Apparently, it's based on the "Accellent" project for reverse engineering
the API used by the apple DVD player (
http://www.defyne.org/dvb/accellent.html ).

I'm not sure how far along the project/code is.  But, once stable, this
would make the Mac Mini into an excellent HDTV MythTV frontend.