[mythtv-users] Choppiness w/ transcoded digital broadcast

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 17 15:58:19 UTC 2006

> The show begins fine, but after about 8 minutes it begins to stutter.
> The sound is choppy and the video is jerky.  The choppiness is
> consistent; it's as if the show was recorded at 2 frames/sec.

> Unfortunately mplayer will not play the transcoded show.

Are you running a patched mplayer to allow it to read Myth's nuppel files?
Here's the patch I'm using, it's the newest that I know of:

http://www.bc2va.org/chris/tmp/mplayer-1.0pre6-mythtv-20050305.diff

I fixed a few things in it to honor the aspect ratio in the nuppel file.

> I will record another show today and keep a copy of the original capture
> to see if it is a capture issue or a transcoding issue, but in the
> meantime I am looking for ideas....

I haven't noticed anything like this, but haven't watched any transcoded
shows in a week or so either.

If the problem persists, get a copy of nuvscan and run it on the .nuv file
and email me the output and I'll take a look.  Also, note in the email
where exactly the problem starts (ie, what time) so I can find it in the
nuvscan output.

What SVN revision are you on?

--
Chris