[mythtv-users] How to configure MythTv for Leadtek PVR 2000 (h/w encoder)

Bryan Bennetts bbennetts at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 09:28:09 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have the afore mentioned card and can (with some work) get Myth configured
to use the s/w encoded stream (/dev/v4l/video0, on my system).  However I am
having trouble persuading it to use the h/w encoded stream (/dev/v4l/video1).

If I run 'mplayer /dev/v4l/video1' I get video so I am guessing that the h/w
encoder is working.  I have tried configuring MythTv to treat the card as a
PVR250 et al, but in the backend log I get something like the following :

IVTV_IOC_G_CODEC: Bad address

Any ideas?