[mythtv-users] lirc w/atrpms

Dylan R. Semler dsemler at macalester.edu
Fri Feb 17 06:00:33 UTC 2006

This is a minor issue but it's been annoying me.  I'm running myth from
atrpms-testing which I've read has lirc compiled in.  However, I cannot
get my remote to work in myth without running the irxevent program
first.  I have taken the lircrc.example file from the myth tarball,
edited the button names and placed it as .lircrc in my home directory
and slinked to it in ~/.mythtv.  Is there something I'm missing?  My
lircrc file seems to be set to call irxevent i.e.:

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = 7
    config = Key 7 CurrentWindow
end

Should this maybe be changed to myth/mythtv/mythfrontend...?