[mythtv-users] Where does DVD import output to?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 16 22:04:47 UTC 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 2:49 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:

>> When I was using KnoppMyth R5a26 once I install libdvdcss, DVD
>> importing
>> work perfectly.  (Except that I had to run the video manager every
>> time
>> to get the new video to show up on the media list.)  I recently did a
>> clean install of R5A30.2 and added libdvdcss2_1.2.9-1_i386.deb &
>> libdvdcss2-dev_1.2.9-1_i386.deb.  The rip process seems to go through
>> okay, but I can't find the output anywhere.
>
> I think you specify the directory under the Settings in mythfrontend.
> I think it may be Media Settings --> DVD Settings --> Ripper (or
> something like that).

I think that only allows you to specify "location for temporary
files", the actual video directory is specified someplace else, I
can't recall exactly but I *think* it was in the backend specs.

I made the discovery that if you didn't specify the destination
directory, or if what you specified didn't exist, the process would
seem to complete but the result apparently went to /dev/null or
someplace equally inaccessible.