[mythtv-users] HDTV video output

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 21:55:43 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:32:56PM -0600, Reuben Perelman wrote:
> I'm trying to get HDTV output on my mythtv box. The computer has a
> GeForce 6600. My TV is a Toshiba 46H84 with a resolution of 1080i. I
> connected it with DVI-D to HDMI cable. My mythtv box is running
> gentoo is using the 1.0.8178. I got the video card to output a
> 1920x1080 resolution, but the video shakes vertically. How do I
> prevent it from shaking?

I have my MythTV machine using a FX5200 DVI output into a Toshiba
42H83 (previous year's model, and smaller screen, than yours). I don't
know if it will help you, but here are the relevant pieces of my
xorg.conf:

	Section "Monitor"
		Identifier      "Toshiba 42H83"
		DisplaySize     93 52
		HorizSync       31-46
		VertRefresh     59-61
		Option		"DPMS"
		Mode "540p"
			DotClock	40.86
			HTimings	960 992 1144 1176
			VTimings	540 551 557 568
			Flags		"+HSync" "+VSync"
		EndMode
	EndSection

I don't remember how I obtained these values; I either used PowerStrip
(using Windows), or I happened to find a posting somewhere from
someone who had the same television.

HTH,
--Rob