[mythtv-users] Can you probe an nvidia card to get current modeline?

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Wed Feb 15 19:33:31 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:
> On 14/02/06, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
>
>>  I'm assuming this doesn't work for VT[1-6] which is what I am really
>> curious about.  I still have no idea what mode or resolution VT[1-6] is
>> using, but after 6 months of playing around, it it the only thing that
>> causes my TV to kick into 1080i mode.
>>

> The standard text mode resolution is typically 80x25. You can however
> specify different modes via your kernel startup options with 'vga=xxx'
> which requires console framebuffer support.
>
> Nick

80x25 can be achieved at various resolutions.  640x480 -1600x1200, etc.
I'm trying to figure out in the very least what resolution is being
used.  Ideally I'd like to know the syncings and timings too.
(everything that goes into a modeline.)

Heck at this point I'd be happy just to find someone who understands the
question, even if they can't answer it.

--
Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

I may have missed the answer there, in which case, please point out the article to me, but don't say "check forum X."

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.