[mythtv-users] MythWeb mysteriously stops talking to the backend

f-myth-users@media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Feb 15 17:17:28 UTC 2006

In 18.1:  Twice now in the span of 24 hours, mythweb has mysteriously
stopped talking to the backend.  If I click on a link, my Firefox
cursor spins for a few seconds, and then stops spinning, and nothing
changes.  No error, no timeout, just a no-op.  Restarting the browser
has no effect, but restarting the backend fixed it---the first time.
Restarting it just now didn't, however, and since the backend is about
to start recording something, I can't try, say, rebooting the entire
machine for a while.

I have verbose logging turn on for the backend, but I don't really
know whether I should be searching for any string in particular, and
perusing its output doesn't seem to have anything jump out at me.

Mythfrontend (on a different machine from the backend) has no
problems.  It's just mythweb (and my browser is on yet a third
machine that has no trouble talking to anything else).

Suggestions?  Things to look for?  Something to try later in the day
when I can restart/reboot the backend?