[mythtv-users] Segfault on Channel Change (.19, FC4)

Shane Liesegang shane at shaneliesegang.com
Wed Feb 15 16:26:09 UTC 2006

I recently updated my Fedora Core 4 system using the RPMs from
ATrpms-testing. Everything went smoothly (once I figured out the new
mythweb situation), but now I'm running into problems with live TV.

I can browse the program guide and use it to change the channel -- it
sends the command to my cable box just fine and the new channel appears
in the preview. When I hit escape to make the guide go away, though, the
frontend segfaults. Interestingly, this only happens when I change the
channel; since my desired channel is already tuned at that point, I'm
able to restart the frontend, start live tv, and hit escape to get out
of the guide without a problem.

Mythfrontend's messages say "NVP: Prebuffer wait timed out 10 times"
usually 2 or three times right before the segfault.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

	- SJML