[mythtv-users] MythTV, MythWeb and VLC

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:49:19 UTC 2006

Hello

I've installed Apache 2.2 on my FC4 box so I could stream the recordings to
various computer around the house (most of the recordings are > 2GB in
size).

I tried this had mythfrontend runs way too slowly on my Mac Powerbook G4
1.67Ghz, so I thought I could simply open the URL in VLC and watch the
recordings.

This works well for some show, however with some others there's no sound.

I believe this is due to some show recorded with AC-3 sound.

I'm running MythTV 0.19 with two DVB-T cards.

Is anybody running a similar setup, what should I do to play all .mpg files
recorded with MythTV with VLC ?

Thank you
JY