[mythtv-users] s/pdif sound fc 4

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:38:41 UTC 2006

Hi

On 2/11/06, Paul V. Gratz <pgratz at gratz1.com> wrote:

> One thing that may be hurting you is if your receiver needs a specific
> sample frequency.  This was my problem for a while and I needed to
> experiment w/ mplayer's -srate option to figure out what my receiver
> wanted (in my case 48000Hz).  To deal with 44.1kHz I added this to my
> .asoundrc:
>
> pcm.spdif2 {
>     type plug
>     slave.pcm "spdif"
>     slave.rate 48000
> }

This is taken care of the .asoundrc I've provided...

Well, you're making progress no doubt about that.
It could be your version of ALSA is buggy.

For example, I've never managed to get Ubuntu and my sound card to work, I
installed FC4 and it worked perfectly.

Oh, one way I forgot to mention, on my system, in ALSAMIXER , I had to play
with the volume settings to get sound through the digital audio. IEC958

IEC958 had to be switched to PCM, and PCM volume for IEC958 had to be set to
zero believe it or not.

JY