[mythtv-users] Upgrade to .19 with SVN

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 23:33:55 UTC 2006

On 14/02/06, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/02/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> > > Yup.
> > >

> > Where, by yup, he means that you can do this for the mythtv source
> > package, but you *must* install the mythtv source package before
> > building the mythplugins source package...
>
> That's good information, thanks.  I probably wouldn't have guessed that.

Sorry for omitting that - I'd interpreted your post literally as
compiling MythTV before removing the RPMs and hadn't considered trying
to compile the plugins first. (Mike's tip should probably go into the
docs if it's not already there).

> > And, your configure will almost definitely require some options to get
> > what you want.
>
> Yes I did know that  -  and a few *-devel packages to be installed too.
>
> > And, there's always the testing packages available in RPMs.
>
> That's still an option.  However, to get my dvb card and remote
> working I ended up patching and compiling the kernel [2.6.11], and
> hence nvidia, alsa, lirc etc - so there's a bit of work involved in
> going back to an rpm setup too.

Don't forget if moving to SVN that you likely want to subscribe to the
-dev and -commits lists (if not already) for the added information
more relevant to the fast moving SVN code instead of the 'stable'
MythTV RPMs.

Nick