[mythtv-users] Their Baaaacccckkk!

Ray Benjamin raybenjamin at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 22:18:33 UTC 2006

I think being a pain to the real consumer is the real goal. These
guys want to control your schedule. They want to insure that they can
provide a certain audience at a given time to watch a given
commercial. I did some work for Nielsen, the company that measures
who watches what when. Most of the broadcasting/commercial/marketing
economy is built around the idea that TV stations can deliver an
audience. If people can fast forward through commercials, then the
whole world will have to change. It will have a major effect on our
economy and that of many other countries.

CEOs and Politicians fear change. They will do almost anything to
prevent it. What they fear even more than generic change is any kind
of change that will upset the economy. That fear isn't restricted to
one side of the aisle or the other, it's spans the whole political
spectrum. That's why we all have to stand up and shout about this issue.