[mythtv-users] Reducing the resolution of HDTV recordings

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 14 21:56:32 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:

>the frontend shouldn't be segfaulting at that resolution, sounds like
>you really need to figure out why its segfaulting instead of
>transcoding everything to DVD res.

I know.  At this point, I admit I'm playing a guessing game....  Poke
some things more-or-less randomly and see if anything squeeks...

One of my quesses is that it may be something with KnoppMyth having an
out of date library.  I solved a backend crash by updating kdelibs on
the server backend; I'm 'apt-get update; apt-get upgrade' one of the
frontends to see if anything changes.

But I would welcome any suggestions for tracing this mysterious segfault.

I can play analog TV recordings fine.  I can see the preview of the
digital recordings fine.  It's animated and everything...  But as soon
as I select it, the frontend goes away with no visible errors anywhere.

--Yan