[mythtv-users] Fwd: (DJS) Only static when watching tv

Daniel Scott 328productions at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:24:22 UTC 2006

I ran lsmod, and it appears that all the appropriate modules were
loaded. I manually unloaded and reloaded ivtv-fb and ivtv, and it
worked. Then I re-booted, and i was able to get video signal, but a
previous problem came back: I couldn't change channels. When I press
the button on the remote or keyboard, the OSD displays information
for the new channel, but the video is still from the old channel. A
manual un,re-load of ivtv-fb and ivtv fixed this as well. Also, lsmod
shows lirc-i2c and lirc-dev loaded, but my remote doesn't work at all
until I un, re-load these modules as well...

My conclusion from this is that the ivtv and lirc modules aren't
my modprobe.conf below. Any thoughts?

alias eth0 sis900
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-cmipci index=0
remove snd-cmipci { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-cmipci
alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-1 index=1
options snd-intel8x0 index=1
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 1 >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd
alias usb-controller2 ohci-hcd
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 ivtv
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
ivtv-fb
# Example modprobe.conf entries for my Chaintech AV512
#  I adapted this from Fedora Myth(TV)ology for my PCI card.
install snd-cmipci /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-cmipci && /usr/
sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-cmipci { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-cmipci
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c

Thanks for helping me out!		-Dan