[mythtv-users] Mythbackend losing sql connection on the start of some recordings

Nathan Howell nathan at atdot.ca
Tue Feb 14 20:33:54 UTC 2006

 >> So was there a fix for this that I just can't find? I've just upgraded
 >> to mysql 5, and the random disconnections from the db are pretty
 >> annoying. I've seen some references to working around it with timeouts
 >> in mysql, but no decent details. So what's the situation with this
 >> problem? Does it go away with myth > 0.18.1? Where does the actual
 >> problem lie (myth or mysql)? Can anyone sum this issue up? Thanks,
 >>
 >> Nathan
 >
> I'm fairly certain the problem is somewhere in mythtv since it only
> occurs with mythtv and restarting mysql doesn't fix anything.
>
> Where did you see a possible fix regarding timeouts?
>
> Using myth 0.19 didn't clear anything up.

Searching the mailing lists came up with some mentions of adjusting a
timeout in mysql to alleviate the problem. However, I didn't see what to
adjust the timeout to, or why, or how, or any explanation of what the
problem is. Isaac seems to be certain enough that it's not a mythtv bug
to simply close any trac tickets about the problem, although he doesn't
explain what the problem is. It's very frustrating.

Nathan