[mythtv-users] HD-3000 and DVD device Permissions

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Feb 14 20:15:44 UTC 2006

A couple of presumably udev-related problems:

The permissions on my /dev/dvb/adapter0 devices always come up  as
root:root and 660. I changed them in /etc/udev/permissions.d/10-
pchdtv.permissions but the system ignores the change, or perhaps does
change them but then changes them back?

Is there some other place I should be changing the permissions that
get assigned to the devices? I can change them easily enough after
the fact but, as I said, it bugs me :-)

A somewhat related matter, it is a 50/50 proposition as to which of
my DVD drives is going to come up as /dev/dvd, the other being /dev/
dvd1 (hdc and hdd really). I'm guessing it has to do with which drive
happens to finish its initialization first, but it would be nice to
have this be consistent :-)

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org