[mythtv-users] smbmount from XP to FC4

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Feb 14 18:08:05 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> says:
> Recent versions of Samba are not limited to 2GB files.

I figured out the discrepancy. As it turns out, modern versions of
smbfs indeed are OK with files larger than 2GB *if you use the
(undocumented) lfs option in the mount*. I am sure there are versions
of smbmount out there in which lfs is hardwired on, but as noted
above, Fedora Core 4 + kernel 2.6.14 + Samba 3.0.14a do require lfs
explicitly stated. (Not that it really matters in my case as I
switched to cifs because of the >2GB issue and I don't know of any
reason to switch to smbfs.)