[mythtv-users] 0.19 Channel Issues + etc

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Feb 14 15:03:40 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:

> Jeff Simpson wrote:
> > Instead of defaulting to the last channel watched, it's defaulting to
> > channel 101 for some reason. 101 is "CD USA" and it's a pretty
> > terrible channel.
> Change your default channel on that input in mythtv-setup (IIRC)

Yeah, I did that. It used to just go into LiveTV on whatever the previous
channel that was recording was, I am pretty sure. Now it has to be a preset
channel (and I have a slight gripe about the dialog to pick the channel - it
does numbers in alpha order instead of numerical order, so any channel that
starts with a 1 comes before any channel that starts with a 2 (so 1256 comes
before 3)

LiveTV doesn't work like Tivo.  You exit LiveTV, you stop recording
> (Myth does more than just record TV).

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said :-P I was just saying that now that we
have the live-tv-the-same-as-recordings thing, I wonder if it doesn't make
sense
to add that ability in? I don't mean sit around recording everything all
day, but
maybe when you exit live TV, just keep recording whatever was on until it
ends,
but if another recording comes up or if you change channels, have them able
pull rank and record anyway.

If you want it to keep recording,
> hit R and it will save what you have and keep going after you exit.

well, yeah, there's that. I was just thinking of things that would make the
LiveTV experience
more friendly (not that I do liveTV much, but now that it does the
recordings nicely, I may try it)

> That's all so far, other than that, it's an excellent update! Time
> > stretch still doesn't work, but it didn't work before, either, so it's
> > no surprise.
> >
> Works fine here...

I should have specified, TIme Stretch doesn't work on the PVR-350. Or
rather, it *sorta* works. It will do anything above 1x, but doesn't do
frequency scaling/resampling (so everyone sounds like chipmunks instead of
just fast). Anything below 1x just goes 1x, until you hit exactly 0.5X,
which works fine, except the frequency isn't scaled (so everyone sounds like
slow-motion james earl jones). Pretty sure that's a known issue, probably
one that isn't high on the list. I am running the latest IVTV driver,
firmware, etc.