[mythtv-users] Alternatives to DataDirect?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Feb 14 15:02:39 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:48:22PM -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > I'm suggesting that there be some high-visibility communication (ie.,
> > from Isaac would be best, IMHO) explaining the issue and how to comply
> > with best practices.  As Tom at zap2it mentioned, all those who were
> > likely to comply with this behavior with a little nudge have probably
> > already done so.  A highly visible announcement might provide the larger
> > nudge to move the rest of us, and set the expectation going forward for
> > new users.  Reviewing installation and howto docs (the rest of us, not
> > Isaac ;-) to make sure they spell this out would also be a good idea.
>
> That'd be a good thing for someone to put into the wiki..

I've added

"mythfilldatabase (and specifically the North American listings grabber
which retrieves data from [[DataDirect]]) has been modified to respect
Zap2It Labs' 'recommended download hour' suggestion to reduce the load
on Z2L's servers"

to the 0.19 release notes page (currently our second most popular page)
to in the summary section. If Isaac wants to make a pronouncement, we've
got a bright yellow box to put it in...

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?