[mythtv-users] Upgrade to .19 with SVN

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:39:53 UTC 2006

> I upgraded to .19 this weekend on FC4 (went from RPMS to source version),
> and I generally did the following:
>
> Backup mythconverg
> stop mythbackend and frontend on my machines
> remove mythtv* packages with yum
> download and untar the three files (Mythtv, mythplugins, myththemes)
> generally, read the INSTALL or README file in the three directories, and
> install using those instructions.
> configure mythbackend service to start at boot, and start mythbackend.
> Started mythfrontend and everything worked :D

I'd also like to upgrade from rpms to the SVN source version.

I'm reasonably confident of success, but not so confident that I
wouldn't rather keep my rpm versions until I've done a successful
compile.

Does anyone think that I can leave the rpms in place until I've done the:

$./configure
$qmake
$make

and only remove them when I do the: