[mythtv-users] mythtv freezes during the buffer change (0.19)

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Tue Feb 14 13:01:02 UTC 2006

Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed a weird problem with new version of mythtv. Basically -
> it freezes on the hour and half past the hour. This happens possibly
> due to ring buffer change. If I press pause twice it resumes when it
> finished, but it's a bit annoying.

> regards
> pshemko

Same exact problem here. Happens on my PVR-350 and my 500 with myth
0.19. One thing I've noticed is that if I don't catch it inside of a
couple mins it will eventually bring down everything as it starts using
up all of the CPU with mythbackend.

I think it has something to do with the livetv changes where it records
everything you watch. The reason we notice it on the hour or half past
is because your watching half hour shows and it can't jump from one to
the next. Seems like a bug.

-Mike