[mythtv-users] Using PVR 350's output with mythtv 0.19 (was: First 0.19 problems)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Feb 14 11:18:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 10:22:22AM +0000, Duncan Brown wrote:
> Duncan Brown wrote:
>
> >Hey
> >
> >I've just upgraded to 0.19 on FC4 from atrpms. The upgrade appeared to
> >go smoothly, but i've come up against a problem almost straight away.
> >
> >When entering live tv to begin, everything is fine, however after
> >exiting and re-entering live tv a few times, and almost every time the
> >tv jump point is used I get a black screen. Sound is playing fine, the
> >ringbuffer appears to be filling up, but no picture.
> >
> >The Xorg log begins filling up with:
> >
> >IvtvSetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute
> >IvtvGetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute
> >IvtvGetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute
> >
> >The only way to fix it seems to be a reboot. This happens fairly
> >randomly, and apart from the jump point i've found no definite way to
> >cause it.
> >
> >I've also noticed that for the first few minutes of live tv, everything
> >has a very slight stutter, especially noticable on scrolling text. After
> >changing channel a few times the problem dissappears.
> >
> >I'm using 2  Twinhan Visionplus DVB-T cards, going through a PVR 350's
> >TV out
> >

> Nobody else experiencing this?

Maybe a more desciptive subject would help?

I'd also use a graphics card for testing whether the issue can really
be confined to the PVR 350's output.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net