[mythtv-users] 0.19 Channel Issues + etc

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Feb 14 06:06:14 UTC 2006

Just installed 0.19, and so far I love it! upgrade process on gentoo was
simple. Here are the things I've noticed so far:

Channel order does not obey requested order. I've always had my channel
order numerically, but now it is ordering by numbers alphabetically (ie, 1,
11, 117. 2. 203, 204, 207, 2003, 3, etc. I've changed the settings to a lot
of different things, none seem to make a difference.

Instead of defaulting to the last channel watched, it's defaulting to
channel 101 for some reason. 101 is "CD USA" and it's a pretty terrible
channel.

LiveTV is a little strange. If I'm watching something and exit live TV, it
stops recording it. I guess that makes sense in the Ringbuffer LiveTV
mentality, but now that we are emulating the TiVo functionality, it would
make sense to have it keep recording whatever is on, so you can come in and
out of the main menu without losing what you're recording. I kept trying to
watch things live and look for them in the recorded programs list, but they
only show up as the short portion that I watched, it didn't keep the rest of
it.

That's all so far, other than that, it's an excellent update! Time stretch
still doesn't work, but it didn't work before, either, so it's no surprise.

  -Jeff