[mythtv-users] Xbox frontend really slow, video only updates every few seconds

chris@cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Tue Feb 14 05:38:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:22:21PM -0800, Todd Ferris wrote:
>   After a little more playing I found that any network
> activity to the backend server would stop the stuttering.

I used to have this problem with an SMC Barricade router.  It was fine
during 2-way traffic, but any sustained transfer in one direction would
eventually cause the router to block.  Sending packets in the other
direction would un-block it.  Any time I wanted to download a file that
was more than about 500k I would have to set up a background task that
constantly pinged the router, and then it would work just fine.  It's
now a paper-weight.  The only reason I keep it around is to remind me to
never buy anything from SMC again.

carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)