[mythtv-users] Alternatives to DataDirect?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Feb 13 22:32:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 02:15:29PM -0800, John Biundo wrote:
> I'm hoping some of the "old timers" around here might take a minute or
> two to explain the possibilities.  If zap2it chooses NOT to restore a
> full 2 weeks worth of listings, where can we go for alternative sources?
>   What's involved?  What are the limitations (i.e., do we lose some
> program detail, etc.?)  In short, now nasty is this alternative?

Well, to recap, that usually only affects you if you have an empty
database; you *customarily* only grab two days of data per run:
tomorrow, and 2 weeks from now (the first new day you don't have).

So it's really only a problem if you're starting up (which, of course,
lots of people will be doing, here shortly).  We clarified that to the
z2l guy, and he said, approximately, "Hmmm....".

We're waiting to see if anything comes of that revelation.

He posted a link to their forums; I haven't had the chance to go check
it out yet.

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?