[mythtv-users] Upgrade to .19 with SVN

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:03:29 UTC 2006

I'm going to upgrade my boxes this coming weekend and wanted to get a grip
on exactly how this needs to be done. They all are running SVN 7255, so what
steps do I need to do in order to upgrade to .19 and what version is .19 -
8295?

Does it generally follow the below:

1) uninstall Myth and Mythplugins application '$ mythtvssource: make
uninstall'

2) download newer version from SVN 'svn co -r 8295
http://cvs.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv'<http://cvs.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv>

3) compile newer version of Myth: make mythtv.pro

4) install Myth: make install

What about the database? Does that need to be backed up before doing the
install?

Thanks,