[mythtv-users] First 0.19 problems

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 10:54:38 UTC 2006

Hey

I've just upgraded to 0.19 on FC4 from atrpms. The upgrade appeared to
go smoothly, but i've come up against a problem almost straight away.

When entering live tv to begin, everything is fine, however after
exiting and re-entering live tv a few times, and almost every time the
tv jump point is used I get a black screen. Sound is playing fine, the
ringbuffer appears to be filling up, but no picture.

The Xorg log begins filling up with:

IvtvSetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute
IvtvGetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute
IvtvGetPortAttributeOverlay bad attribute

The only way to fix it seems to be a reboot. This happens fairly
randomly, and apart from the jump point i've found no definite way to
cause it.

I've also noticed that for the first few minutes of live tv, everything
has a very slight stutter, especially noticable on scrolling text. After
changing channel a few times the problem dissappears.

I'm using 2  Twinhan Visionplus DVB-T cards, going through a PVR 350's
TV out

any ideas?

Dunc