[mythtv-users] Is this DB schema as ambiguous as it looks?

f-myth-users@media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Feb 13 05:47:53 UTC 2006

    Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:05:33 -0500
    From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    On 02/12/2006 10:12 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > I scheduled
    > two simultaneous recordings for ch2, starting at 2200.  One was for
    > an hour (I just picked the program itself) and one was a manual
    > recording, for 5 minutes.  -Both- started; the 5-minute one stopped
    > after 5 minutes, and the 1-hour one is still recording.  My recordings
    > directory currently has two files:
    >
    >   1002_20060212220000_20060212230000.nuv
    >   1002_20060212220000_20060212220500.nuv

    http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/650

Aha, so if I understand this correctly, 7960 (and therefore 19) fix
this so (chanid, starttime) is guaranteed unique, which means I don't
need to use (chanid, starttime, endtime) to guarantee unambiguous
database entries.  [I may have some ambiguities in my current data
from 18, but I can probably fix this by hand in the few cases---hence
my question a few days about what guaranteed-unique recording identifier
Myth can offer me if I'm interacting with its database.]

Looks like this fix will work until someone makes a 60-tuner (or 100?)
Myth and then starts simultaneous recordings on the same channel on
all of them, at which point the backend disk will explode, destroying
the neighborhood and all evidence of this inappropriate behavior... :)