[mythtv-users] Mythtv system lock up when watch tv chosen

Scott Croft scott.croft at cox.net
Mon Feb 13 02:29:21 UTC 2006

I had noticed that this changed when I updated the video card drivers.  I
did not put the "nv" in the file.  I had tried to change it back to the
setting suggested "nvidia" but it did not seem to help (left it in but
commented out).  Changed the file as per attached/suggested and rebooted.
Now I get a lot of nvidia splash screens at boot up, and a "Warning:
something is currently using: /dev/dsp, retrying." screen when I try to
watch tv.  I push the "Continue without audio" button and have a video
picture.  I tried to change the mythtv settings for audio to dsp1, adsp, and
adsp1 but none of them seem to help.  I guess that the video problem is
fixed now I will have to sort out the audio issue.

My last install of video drivers was:
# yum install nvidia-graphics8178-kmdl-$KVER
# yum install nvidia-graphics8178