[mythtv-users] lirc works, but not in mythtv

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 23:23:48 UTC 2006

On 12/02/06, Kirk Grell <kirkgrell at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've got lirc working on my myth box, but I can't control mythtv.  If
> I start a movie in mplayer from mythtv using the keyboard, the remote
> works fine.  I can control everything in mplayer I need.  It just
> doesn't work in mythtv.
>
> Originally, I did have it working in mythtv IF I used irxevent.
> However, I was having issues with that (as previously posted).  So, I
> was told to not use irxevent, but to use mythtv's native lirc
> support.
>
> How can I debug why mythtv is not picking up lirc events?  Below is a
> snippet of my ~/.mythtv/.lircrc.

That needs to be ~/.mythtc/lircrc (note the absence of the leading
period). The file you likely have it symlinked to is ~/.lircrc (which
does have a leading period).

Other than that, does you have LIRC support compiled into MythTV? If
you are using Fedora and atrmps.net for MythTV, it is. Using irxevent
may mean native LIRC support is not compiled in.

Nick