[mythtv-users] Overscan settings (TV Settings->Playback) not working anymore?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 20:07:21 UTC 2006

I just installed MythTV 0.19 this morning from source.
 Since I was using a slightly customized version of
0.19 SVN, I deleted my database and recreated it.

Since I use a PVR-350 (using Xv, not the MPEG-2
decoder), I have to made adjustments on the picture
because of the card's overscan.  In 0.18 this worked,
and even in the 0.19SVN I was running (SVN8476 from
January 1, 2006 as best as I can tell) it was working
also, but in the 0.19-release, the values are ignored
(I have huge black borders around my picture).

The numbers show in the Playback screen, and in the
database as well, it just seems that they're being
ignored.

The only change to my setup that I've made to get 0.19
working is to install two RPMs, libdvdnav and
libdvdnav-devel, so I could try out the internal DVD
player.  Nothing else was changed from this morning,
when all worked well.

-- Joe