[mythtv-users] Soundblaster Live! PCI 7.1

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:36:49 UTC 2006

Dave Bixler wrote:
> Believe me, no apologies are necessary.  I feel like a complete
> idiot... and a frustrated, but perseverant, idiot :).  I think I may
> misunderstood how things work.
>
> What does the audio capture, the TV card or the Sound Card?  I assumed
> that the sound card performed the capture, and hence, the need for the
> line-out to line-in patch cable.
>
> Another thing, when I run kmix I can view both the SB card and the
> card labeled as BT878.  On the BT878 page, I can change what I think
> is the record input.  Which should this be set to, TV or Mic/Line?
>
> Thanks again,
> Dave

Dave,
I haven't checked this thread in a while.  If you're still having problems:
It occured to me, are you using btaudio by any chance?  Some BT tuner
cards support grabbing the audio over the PCI bus, getting the captured
audio stream on the capture chip on you card and not from your
soundcard.  Perhaps dealing with the SBlive capture is the wrong route.
I thought about this when you said you have two sound devices visible,
including the BT878.  Your output source is undoubtably the SBlive, but
your BT card might be outputting the audio through line out and the
btaudio on your capture card.  If so, that's what's being used to create
your audio in recordings.  Maybe you need to check the capture level for
the btaudio mixer.  Unfortunately my knowledge of btaudio is slim,
because I never had a card that could do btaudio myself.  But perhaps
this is an avenue to explore.
Raphael