[mythtv-users] 0.19 is out (MythGame borked?) [SOLVED]

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Sun Feb 12 16:23:44 UTC 2006

On Sunday 12 February 2006 11:08 am, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> On Sunday 12 February 2006 3:45 am, Chad wrote:
> > > keep an eye on bugs.gentoo.com, packages.gentoo.com and cardoe's blog
> > > at http://blog.cardoe.com/archives/category/linux/mythtv/ for the
> > > latest, I know I will be :-)
> >
> > At the top of the list right now lives 0.19 ebuilds!  :D
>

> I just built these and installed them. The thing I immediately
> notice is that:
>     Utilities/Setup > Setup > Media Settings > Game Settings > Game Players
> (as mentioned here: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-16.html )
>
> doesn't exist. All I see are General Settings and Scan for Games.
> I tried 3 different themes to be sure it wasn't a theme issue (tried
> blue, MythCenter, ProjectGrayam), but that didn't help. Restarted
> the backend, frontend, ran mythtv-setup - no change.
>
> Here's my current software (haven't upgraded Mythweb yet):
> $ qpkg -v -I myth
> x11-themes/mythtv-themes-0.19 *
> www-apps/mythweb-0.18.1 *
> media-plugins/mythgame-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythnews-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythdvd-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythweather-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythgallery-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythphone-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythflix-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythvideo-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythbrowser-0.19 *
> media-plugins/mythmusic-0.19 *
> media-tv/mythtv-0.19 *
>
> Any ideas?

Think I figured this out. I had this file left over from my 0.18.1 build:
 ~mythtv/.mythtv/game_settings.xml

Removing this file allows the 'Game Players' and 'Clear Game Data' options
to show up in Setup. Perhaps a note should be added to the Gentoo 0.19
ebuild? Perhaps this is a bug in 0.19 and it shouldn't be looking for this
file?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin