[mythtv-users] Anything special about upgrading?

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Sun Feb 12 06:06:44 UTC 2006

I'm just curious, I read the documentation about upgrading saying all
changes in the database should be applied automatically. But I just want
to check that I don't need to do anything else, just build and install
over the old version after I backup my .18 mythconverg scheme? Should I
attempt a make uninstall first? I seem to recall that dumping my
database last time I did it. *but I could be mistaken*

I wrote my own init script so thats ok, Everything else is the normal
plugins like mythbrowser, mythdvd, mythvideo, mythmusic... etc. I didn't
want to stray too far off base for just this very reason.

Also, when I'm compiling with DVB support it detects frontend.h in
/usr/include. I'm on sarge with my own kernel so should I point that to
/usr/src/linux-2.6.14.4/include/ instead?

-Mike

P.S. Thanks Isaac and the whole mythtv team/community... I can't wait to
try the next version!