[mythtv-users] DVICo Fusion Gold ... way to use Analog AND DTVfrom the same card?

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 04:51:46 UTC 2006

1. i swore i read a spec pdf or something on the dvico site that claimed
hardware mpeg encoding, as well as something on the linuxtv website but i
dunno anymore
(and i don't care, since i just use it for ota hd, since none of the tuner
makers have the desire to pur a qpsk demod on their cards...so we can't lock
onto the digital cable information stream [if you hdhomerun guys are
listening, i don't need 4 qam tuners at home, but i'd sure as hell buy one
if it could provide the qpsk forward data channel to my linux box for me to
parse...so if it's not too late consider cramming a qpsk demod in there])

2. if it's a certified windows mce tuner, then it's supposed to do hw mpeg
encoding.  if it's not certified, then all bets are off. they claim support,
but they don't mention certification, so i dunno what to say about that.