[mythtv-users] Multiple Plextor Audio Solution ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 12 03:49:53 UTC 2006

On Feb 11, 2006, at 8:37 PM, William wrote:

>> Does anyone know of a solution which would provide multiple PCM
>> inputs? Obviously something that would play nice with ALSA? Even
>> something that created a multiplexed stream would have to
>> differentiate between multiple Plextor audio feeds.
>
> Here is a thought. Why not buy an additional sound card with a pcm
> input? It
> should not be too big a deal to set up and it lets you add your second
> plextor. Myth is perfectly happy with 2 sound cards in a system and
> you may
> like the output of the 2nd card better than your onboard.

I thought of that right away, the biggest problem is I do not have
any open PCI slots. I suppose I could replace 2 PVR-150s with a
PVR-500 to fre up a slot but I am really hoping for a more elegant
(read: cheaper) solution.

Granted the onboard audio *is* pretty chintzy though, I may wind up
doing this. Even that solution would not scale well, anyone know of a
sound card with multiple personalities?