[mythtv-users] Security Cameras with motion sensor to record

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 12 01:23:51 UTC 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 07:35:13PM -0500, Nathan Allen Stratton wrote:
> I have several security camers connected to my mythtv system, I
> mostly use the one in the baby room to check on my son, but I also
> have one at the front and back doors of the house. I have motion
> sensors connected to an HAI OmniPro system and can access that
> system via my linux boxes. I would like to set it up so that the
> front and back door cameras record for 5 min after the motion sensor
> goes off. Is there a command I can send myth to record off a
> specific card and channel for x min from the command line?

You could try:

	- Insert the appropriate SQL into your database (I'm guessing
	  the "record" table).

	- Issue "mythbackend --resched" to signal the scheduler to
	  notice your new "schedule" and start recording.

Probably straightforward (perhaps not trivial) to figure out the SQL,
but once you get the script just right, it should work ...

--Rob