[mythtv-users] Very unstable SVN version

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:12:42 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, Scott Alfter <mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Anssi Kanninen wrote:
> > How stable is the SVN version for you?
>
> Builds 8444 and 8629 didn't cause any troubles.  I've been running build 8873
> since the weekend, and it's been similarly well-behaved so far.
>
> > I've compiled a 64-bit version in Athlon64, DVB-card is Terratec Cinergy
> > 1200 DVB. 0.18.1 was stable for me.
>
> My current config is AMD64 Gentoo on an Athlon 64 3700+ with 1 GB RAM, 400+80
> GB disk (400 for video storage, 80 for everything else), a GeforcePCX 5300, a
> PVR-150, a PVR-500MCE, and an SA3250HD connected through a FireWire cable and a
> serial IR blaster.
>
> > I'm using the same database that I had with 0.18.1 so SVN-version upgraded
> > it.
>
> That's what I did.  As long as you haven't tried downgrading at some point,
> your database should be OK.

I too have had great luck with SVN over the last few months.
mythbackend has been rock solid. mythfrontend crashes every now and
then, but nothing major. I've had to reboot the system a few times for
extraneous reasons and other than that have never had the system
freeze or reboot randomly.

--
Steve