[mythtv-users] Very unstable SVN version

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:42:18 UTC 2006

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:51:11PM +0200, Anssi Kanninen wrote:
> > How stable is the SVN version for you? My frontend and backend both
> > crash 1-2 times per night, usually when watching TV and changing

I have found with the latest SVN the Frontend is a little
'temperamental' - a haven't even tried to use LiveTV, I have enough
trouble with just watching recordings. Mostly lock ups and one
persistant Seg Fault in watch recordings screen.

I have not had any problems with the Backend (touch wood), apart from
once when Auto Expire failed and I missed a load of recordings. No
crashes though.

On 2/10/06, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> There is no way to revert your database schema back to an older
> version; I hope you made a backup ...

What I think Anssi wants to do is the same as me, i.e. reinstall the
SVN version with an empty database, then import things one at a time
just incase there is some consistancy issue after doing all these
upgrades.

I thought of doing something like:
* backup database
* Empty the settings table: by either:
*  * changing your backend & frontend unique hostnames
*  * empty the settings table via mysql

* Re-run mythtv-setup
*  * empty listings, channels and card tables and re-set up

* re-set your settings in mythfrontend->setup to how you like
* Empty the recordedmarkup table then run mythcommflag --rebuild

Haven't tried it yet myself though!

Paul